Pedagogical proces in study year 2021/2022
We would like to inform you again that the pedagogical process at the University of Maribor will be carried out in person. In case of deterioration of the epidemiological state and in case of adoption of intervention measures by the Government of the Republic of Slovenia, the leadership of the University of Maribor members will have the authority to modify the pedagogical process in a manner suitable for individual university members, according to material condition and specifics of performed study programmes.
The pedagogical process will thus take place on the premises of higher education institutions in accordance with the fulfillment of the PCT (RVT - Recovered, Vaccinated, Tested)) condition, except for the participants of tertiary education who are considered vulnerable groups. The pedagogical process for these groups will be performed in agreement with the higher education teacher. It should be noted that non-compliance with the PCT condition is not an exception for this method of work.
According to the Ordinance on the method of meeting the condition of morbidity, vaccination and testing to curb the spread of SARS-CoV-2 virus infections (Official Gazette of the RS no. 142/21), the PCT condition must be met by all who enter higher education premises, therefore also all University of Maribor students. The PCT condition is met if a person can provide one of the following:
- evidence of a negative result of a PCR test not older than 72 hours after swab collection or a HAG test not older than 48 hours after swab collection;
- an EU digital COVID certificate in digital or paper form, bearing the QR code;
- a digital COVID of a third country in digital or paper form, bearing a QR code containing at least the same information as the EU DCP and issued by the competent health authority of the third country in English;
- proof of vaccination against COVID-19 showing that it has received: second dose of Comirnaty vaccine from Biontech / Pfizer, Spikevax vaccine (COVID-19 Vaccine) from Moderna vaccine, Sputnik V vaccine from the manufacturer Gamaleya National Center of Epidemiology and Microbiology, CoronaVac vaccine from Sinovac Biotech vaccine, Vacuine Vaccine vaccine from COVID-Vacine vaccine 19 (COVID-19 Vaccine) by AstraZeneca and Covishield by Serum Institute of India / AstraZeneca or a combination of the two vaccines listed above. Proof is obtained immediately after the second dose is received; the first dose of COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen by Johnson and Johnson / Janssen-Cilag. Proof shall be obtained on the day of vaccination;
- proof of a positive PCR test result older than ten days, unless the doctor decides otherwise, but not older than 180 days;
- proof of the disease referred to in the previous point and proof of vaccination demonstrating that they have been vaccinated with a single dose of the vaccine referred to in the first indent for a period not exceeding 180 days from the positive result of the PCR test or from the onset of symptoms. Protection is established on the day of vaccination.
Students who do not meet any of the above conditions can participate in the pedagogical process if they perform self-testing in the higher education premises with a HAG test. Accoding to the government Ordinance, each student is entitled to 5 self-testing kits per month, which he or her parents or legal representatives obtain at the pharmacy upon presentation of a health insurance card or upon submission of a school certificate and identity document if the person is a foreigner health insurance. For the purpose of self-testing proof, the student has to keep a record sheet containing the date of self-testing, the test result and the student's signature which guarantees the authenticity of the data on the record sheet. We are attaching the record sheet and instructions for the usage of self-testing kits.
According to the Ordinance, the PCT condition is checked at the entrance to the higher education premises. In case you don't meet the PCT condition and you wish to meet the »T« condition (testing) with self-testing, a person in charge at the entrance will lead you to a room, designed for student self-testing. We kindly ask you to collect your self-testing kit at a pharmacy in advance and bring it with you.
IMPORTANT: Proof of meeting the »T« condition with self-testing, students can also assert for entry to faculty permises, UM libraries, student dorms, UŠC Leon Štukelj and other. The students perform the self-test once a week, regardless if they performed the test at the faculty permises or student dormitories. Students who perform self-testing have to carry the record sheet with them in order to prove the PCT condition.